• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sparrowhawk/british bird live cams (1 Viewer)

Hi every one im dave from cheshire been filming birds in my garden now for 3 years,most of my birds have left nests now but still have few left.
Hawk eggs started to hatch today,i have 7 cams on hawks which can be shown all at once so nothing is missed,3 cams on nest 2 on chopping block 2 on watering hole,so any action can be seen on large screen instantlyBirds still nesting/blackbird/house sparrow/wren.
Birds i have had on cam this year,2bluetits/great tits/greywagtail/magpie/3 robins/hedgesparrow,i have a total of 16 cams all in real time.
Hawks will be in nest about 28 days ,they still come back to nest up to three weeks after fledging to eat kills on nest ,and learning to kill prey which is amusing to watch as they practice on bits of twigs ec,t.
Loads of footage on you tube under female sparrowhawk my footage by dvr365 ,1st chick to hatch this morning coming out of shell was put on this morning.
Hope you enjoy this footage of a very elusive bird,this has not been done before on this scale.
Iam a one man band no help or funding off any one and is very expensive to do.

hope you enjoy. dave culley

Hi apodemus been busy filming,new to computers so very slow on typing side,all cams in cops all ways in same position exept nest which they build end of feb,nest site chosen by male,
As soon as male lays first twig thats when cam goes on nest,have a PTZcam on house roof so i can follow them about wood with out disturbing them,as no leaves on trees in feb so i can see every where.
I know when they come and go like clock work.the only time it varies is when male is hunting in the rain it.
Birds will be rung this year when 12 days old by RSPBwhich will be shown live,so we can monitor birds to see if young return to nest site in future.
The pair i have now ,been here few years i compare photos from previous years, i have been10 foot away from female when she is eating she has got to know me and tollorates me close, male is a lot better last year he would go if he saw me but this year he lets me photograph him but keeps a sharp eye on me,fe male just sits and poses.
Been trying to upload photos of them on site but strugling how to do it i have sent some but dont know where they have gone, anything you would like to know about these birds feel free to ask .
dave.

Hello fritz hawks have 5 chicks now all doing well male working hard bringing in kills,
you have good pics just bought camera never used one before but seem to be getting
ok pics birds are in dappled light so guessing settings,havent a clue what im doing.
Cam is[panasonic lumix dmc-fz20&dmw-ltz10 1.5xf2.8 converter leica lens] seem to be strugling when birds are eating head movement/leg movement blury probly cams not good enough.
Also struggling on how to upload photos on site.
dave culley.

Hi kc thanks for warm welcome,going put footage ok sparrowhawks on site if i can do it
very new to computers,chicks 4 days old.

thanks. dave.
ps been oklahoma good wildlife,went to build house in beggs for my best friend he left england last year to live there.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back