• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starling murmurations in Rome (1 Viewer)

SKYDIVEPHIL

Im thinking of going to Rome to see the starling murmurations in Jan. Does anyone know how to keep track of 1) is is still happening? 2) where to stand for good picture? 3) rough idea of numbers .

I have seen some amazing footage from Rome and think it would be well worth my while to travel to see this. but if just a a small amount of birds and not much patterns then I might not bother Any tips most welcome, thanks.

you could get in touch with the good people at the GROB, the local birdwatching group. If you go here and scroll down to where it says "Roma
Gruppo Romano di BW", towards the bottom, Click on the name of the coordinator on the right and you will get his email address. In my time (I am talking about 20 years ago) the best places used to be around the main railway station (Stazione Termini) and the nearby Piazza della Repubblica.

In my time (10 years ago), they "murmured" around the Colosseum.
That's less than a kilometer away from Termini, so you should see them from both places.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back