• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starlings (3 Viewers)

snapper said:
Just imagine if the starling was on the endangered list god forbid what a change in attitude there would be by certain folk, it's only because they are in abundance people take them for granted. If folk took a little time out just to sit & watch them for a while people would have more respect for these birds but it's like the old saying you never appreciate something until it's gone,
here's a picture of one, I don't think he knows what he is yet.
Regards Snapper.

yep, what is it with us humans, we only like what is rare? 3:)
well im even starting to love the house sparrows, im looking past their so called evil ways (nest raiders) and im very happy now to see the flock of 30 every day at my feeders. sure they chase away all the pretty song birds, but they return when the house sparrows are done at the feeder :D
starling, grackles and cowbirds are on my top favorite list, now if i can only get those crows to land on the feeders :brains:

snapper said:
Just imagine if the starling was on the endangered list god .

Agreed.

What most the public don't realise is that the starling & hosue sparrow are actually coded red by the RSPB which means that they are of great concern. As you know numbers have declined dramatically in recent years.

It's only because they arrive in big flocks that the general public think they are common. A lot of people feeding the birds don't have starlings around at all.

In most cases they are like house sparrows you either got a lot of them or none at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back