• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strap for R7 and 100-500 lens (1 Viewer)

dandsblair

David and Sarah
Supporter
Just upgraded from 7D mkii and 100-400, not sure about using the same Peak Design strap as it left marks on the 7D body.
What are others using for this combo for comfort and adjustability? R7 strap doesn't look up to the job.

I am using the Black Rapid strap I bought several years ago. They have 'improved' the strap since and no longer make mine. The fixing between the end of the strap and the attachment that screwed into the lens foot eventually wore. I could not get a replacement from Black Rapid who only wanted to sell me an updated version. I got a generic version on ebay and, following strap surgery, was able attach it; and it performs well.

Black Rapid make various straps and are worth investigating. I did wonder about a new strap from other manufacturers but was not really convinced by what was on offer.

I also use a Black rapid strap for this combo - works great (been using Black rapid straps for more than 15 years only had two in all that time and that includes carrying combos much more heavy than this relatively lightweight combo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back