• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunrise/sunset. (1 Viewer)

Here they are folks! I have to say that I got a bit carried away because it was one of the best for a long time. The pinky sky was looking to the NE as I walked back home from taking the others. The whole sky had pink clouds adorning it in every direction. A real pleasure to get cold for!

Attachments

• SS1711082.jpg
    SS1711082.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 17
  • SS1711083.jpg
    SS1711083.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 18
  • SS1711084.jpg
    SS1711084.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 11
  • SS1711087.jpg
    SS1711087.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Pinky skies 2.jpg
    Pinky skies 2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Great sunset photo's Kathy and Wendy!

The silhouettes of the trees look splendid with the sunset behind them, kathy!:t:

Wow, Wendy! Those are some sunset photo's!:t:

The sunset here was a deep red line, a stunning colour but much too low to get a pic.

Here they are folks! I have to say that I got a bit carried away because it was one of the best for a long time. The pinky sky was looking to the NE as I walked back home from taking the others. The whole sky had pink clouds adorning it in every direction. A real pleasure to get cold for!

hi Wendy

Wow they are beautiful pictures. Looks like you have been standing on a mountain top to get those. :-O

Love the punk pink fluffy cloud in the last picture.

Great sunset photo's Kathy and Wendy!

The silhouettes of the trees look splendid with the sunset behind them, kathy!:t:

Wow, Wendy! Those are some sunset photo's!:t:

The sunset here was a deep red line, a stunning colour but much too low to get a pic.

Thank you for your kind remarks Pam :t:

Hope that you get a stunning piccie or two in the days to come, and share the experience with us. The sun disappears so fast, it is trying to get a shot in short period of time.

Yes the trees here have a well matured shapely look. The same trees had the Tawny Owl this time last year. Wonder where the same Owls have gone this winter? o:)

Our sunset was breathtaking tonight. These were taken between 4.25 and 4.35 in the back garden and don't do it justice.

Attachments

• set2.jpg
    set2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 18
  • set3.jpg
    set3.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 16
  • set4.jpg
    set4.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 15
  • set5.jpg
    set5.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 13
I took these last night. The second one has been cropped.

Baz.

Attachments

• P1020381.JPG
    P1020381.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P1020382.JPG
    P1020382.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 13
Lovely sunsets everyone.

Love the yellow glow in yours Baz

Could not get a picture while on my walk as too many buildings got in the way! :-C

Nice ones, Kits and Baz.

Thought that mine was going to be a total failure tonight, but it actually got better about 15 minutes after the sun had set, by which time the dog and I were at home....:-C...I could see the reddening skies, but it would have been futile to try to get back before they disappeared.

This is as good as I could get. The last one is a bit blurred as I turned the flash off and so the speed was a bit too slow...but you get the idea!

Attachments

• SS2011082.jpg
    SS2011082.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 14
  • SS2011083.jpg
    SS2011083.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SS2011084.jpg
    SS2011084.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
  • SS2011085.jpg
    SS2011085.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 18
Great sunsets everyone..such stunning colours!:t:

I'm afraid I was too busy dashing away with the smoothing iron to notice our sunset until it was almost too late.:-C

I managed this pic just in time!

Attachments

• P1020339 [].JPG
    P1020339 [].JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 18
Super sunsets Wendy and Pam

Pam: Your picture looks very 'theatrical with the silhouettes and buildings against the sky colour.

I love it! Well done for the quick reaction. :t:

Wendy: Your last picture (to me) is just as good as the others. I leave my flash on at the moment - but must try to turn it off, and see the contrast in the quality of the picture! ;)

Love the warm Orange effect in your first picture. ;)

No, Kits, I don't have the flash on either, but in this case without it the speed was slow and so I guess my hand shook a bit! In mitigation, I did have the dog on a lead sitting next to me having been told to sit and stay, otherwise I might have found a convenient gate to rest on!!!!

Your skies look much more threatening than here, Pam, gives a very different take on it.

No, Kits, I don't have the flash on either, but in this case without it the speed was slow and so I guess my hand shook a bit! In mitigation, I did have the dog on a lead sitting next to me having been told to sit and stay, otherwise I might have found a convenient gate to rest on!!!!

Your skies look much more threatening than here, Pam, gives a very different take on it.

A very different take, Wendy. It had been cloudy for most of the afternoon so I suppose I wasn't expecting to see much of a sunset...luckily I caught it in time!;)

Stunning sunsets from you all tonight. Mine was nonexistant, too cloudy.
I never use the flash for sunsets, I do zoom as close as I can though.

Wendy. Your pics are super. The amazing thing about sunsets/rises, is that every few minutes one gets a different picture.
Pam. Yours is almost Wagnerian: so dark and threatening, but no less beautiful for it.

Baz.

Wendy. Your pics are super. The amazing thing about sunsets/rises, is that every few minutes one gets a different picture.
Pam. Yours is almost Wagnerian: so dark and threatening, but no less beautiful for it.

Baz.

Thanks, Baz!:t:

I like this quote by Oscar Wilde!:-O

I like Wagner's music better than anybody's. It is so loud that one can talk the whole time without other people hearing what one says.

—Wilde, Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back