• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski BGP Pro now for NL Pure (1 Viewer)

Aquaplas

Austria
a question. I see on the Swaro Homepage that now for the NL Pure is the BGP Pro Protection available.

Swarovski says it is for New NL Pure and EL Field pro.
Anyone knows how this fits on NL Pure? Because the EL have a flatter Profile than the NL Pure.
Anyone use this BGP Protection in general and can say something to that? Is it good in use? Better faster and more Practical than the standard Rainguard?

Thanks for Infos.

I have used this for about a year.

Convenient to use, keeps the ocular lenses more dust free than the plastic rain guard by the fact that it’s always on when you aren’t looking through the binoculars.

The only glitch is that it’s not particularly rain proof and absorbs a bit of water in a shower. This damp cloth/neoprene then takes a while to dry and I think makes the oculars more prone to misting in cold weather. Also when the weather is cold the fabric can redirect some of your exhaled breath upwards which can lead to misting (possible to fold back the cloth)

Overall I think definitely worth trying though

I now get it for the NL Pure 8x42. But it fits not good. When I pull off the BGP and back with Hand it works not very fluid. It tucks sometimes special on the right pin it goes very strong. With the „auto mode“ lock in it don’t works correctly. It closes not good. The BGP closes only half and I always have to close the rest with hand and it goes very strong. Swaro says on they’re Homepage it also works on the NL Pure. It not satisfactory me.
Is your experience on the EL better?

I now get it for the NL Pure 8x42. But it fits not good. When I pull off the BGP and back with Hand it works not very fluid. It tucks sometimes special on the right pin it goes very strong. With the „auto mode“ lock in it don’t works correctly. It closes not good. The BGP closes only half and I always have to close the rest with hand and it goes very strong. Swaro says on they’re Homepage it also works on the NL Pure. It not satisfactory me.
Is your experience on the EL better?
Yes definitely

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back