• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski charging for repair - warranty query (UK/Europe) (3 Viewers)

gecko18000

Hi all,

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with Swarovski repair service recently? I sent my ATS 65 for repair as it is not able to focus well when zoomed (I compared it to someone else's just to make sure that this was an issue with my scope specifically). I sent it to the UK office and have now received two separate case numbers, and then two separate cost estimates after it was sent to Austria. It doesn't fill me with confidence that seemingly two people looked at it and each decided that it required different repairs.

Also, does anyone know the current Swarovski warranty for the UK? I thought there was a lifetime warranty, and a previous repair was done free of charge. But I've seen that it is now 10 years guarantee in some regions/ 30 years in others.

Many thanks for any advice / clarification on this.

John

October 2020 I tripped on some discarded barbed wire.
Substantial cuts to my legs.
Big hole in my Paramo waterproof jacket (new sleeve installed by Paramo at their factory)

Big dent in the end of the left hand barrel of my 10x42 ELs.
My local optics dealer liaised with Swarovski and sent them to Austria for me. New barrel and new armour installed - £300 - charged to me because it was physical damage (including very well insured postage).
I don’t know what the guarantee for the ATS (I have the 80mm) is but 100% sure it isn’t "lifetime". My 10x42 ELs have a 30 year guaranty, although I’m at least 10 years in to that.

October 2020 I tripped on some discarded barbed wire.
Substantial cuts to my legs.
Big hole in my Paramo waterproof jacket (new sleeve installed by Paramo at their factory)

Big dent in the end of the left hand barrel of my 10x42 ELs.
My local optics dealer liaised with Swarovski and sent them to Austria for me. New barrel and new armour installed - £300 - charged to me because it was physical damage (including very well insured postage).
I don’t know what the guarantee for the ATS (I have the 80mm) is but 100% sure it isn’t "lifetime". My 10x42 ELs have a 30 year guaranty, although I’m at least 10 years in to that.
Sorry to hear about your injuries! Hopefully a quick recovery. And I hope your binoculars were as good as new following the repair.

I'm wondering if the reason I've been sent two different quotes is that one is for the eyepiece and the other for the scope body. I'll wait to hear back from Swarovski.

I think the standard UK Swarovski warranty is now 10yrs (was 30yrs a long while back). Zeiss is 3yrs, Leica 10yrs on most but 5 on some lines.

Sorry to hear about your injuries! Hopefully a quick recovery. And I hope your binoculars were as good as new following the repair.

I'm wondering if the reason I've been sent two different quotes is that one is for the eyepiece and the other for the scope body. I'll wait to hear back from Swarovski.
Pride took longer to repair than my legs !!
Eyepiece and body - plausible I suppose

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back