• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski repair costs (1 Viewer)

sbradfield

Hi. Does anyone have any experience of Swaro repair costs?. My scope eyepiece (zoom 25-50) has a hairline scratch and needs a new rubber eye ring. It is outside the warranty period so will not be covered. Given it will take 4 months to repair and taking into account the cost of sending it to Austria is it worth it or am I better off biting the bullet and getting a new eyepiece. (I know Swaro will give a free estimate but this will still involve sending it to Austria and being without a scope for some time which if the cost difference is then negligible or the eyepiece is beyond repair will be frustrating). Thanks

Not directly related but…

A couple of years ago I tripped on some discard barbed wire and landed on top of my 10x42 ELs. I would have weighed in at about 100kg (then add the weight of tripod, 'scope, coat, etc.) at the time and unsurprisingly I put a dent in one barrel of my binoculars.

When I got home I went to my local optics shop (an authorised Swarovski dealer) who took over the process and returned the binoculars to Austria. If I remember correctly the postage was about £20 but this included insurance. The binoculars were returned in about 4 weeks. New barrel, new armour on both barrels and thoroughly cleaned. Total cost (for essentially a new pair of binoculars) £300.

I trust my local optics shop completely. If I had damaged my Swarovski eyepiece I would trust them to give me a "best guess" on repairability and associated cost, and go from there.

Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back