• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski el binoculars (1 Viewer)

max16

Ireland
Just bought a new set of swarovski El 8.5x42 iam very happy with the binoculars but disappointed they didn't come with case anymore known where I could get a good case for them in Ireland.

Don't they offer the Field bag large anymore at the swarovski dealers? I recently bought the field bag medium for my NL 10x32. I do not like the side bag which came along the NL 32.
As far as I can see on the Swarovski site, they only offer the XL at the moment.

Btw, I have the sidebag medium for sale, but the 42 will not fit.

I do not like the side bag which came along the NL 32.
So do i, @ReinierBos, even if I don't use it very much.
But please, could you show a photo with the NL's 10x32 stored with their strap in this medium field bag... It would be very useful !!!
The binoculars and the strap are almost impossible to store together in the original side bag provided !!! Another stupidity from Swarovski !!
Apart from Optics, doing really stupid things for some time now, seems to have become one of their specialties !!!!

I think if you go for the Fieldbag Pro you need the large
Correct, but sadly FBP is no longer even made so you'll have to search online for one, or find a substitute. Absurdly cheap on Swarovski's part, selling bins in a flimsy bag isn't alpha style at all.

Incidentally I never stuff a padded bin strap into FBP, I just leave it hanging out of the zipper gap. For that, along with a sandwich, the older style field bag would do better.

Correct, but sadly FBP is no longer even made so you'll have to search online for one, or find a substitute. Absurdly cheap on Swarovski's part, selling bins in a flimsy bag isn't alpha style at all.

Incidentally I never stuff a padded bin strap into FBP, I just leave it hanging out of the zipper gap. For that, along with a sandwich, the older style field bag would do better.

The medium looks widely available at about £20, but yes the large looks hard to find. To be honest I rarely use bags (apart from compacts in another bag when travelling)- binoculars are best stored on a shelf and other than that they're round my neck.

RIP the Swaro Field Bags! I love them, they're just the right combination of protection and light weight. I found some of the last ones in stock for my Zeiss and Nikon binos. There is a good Zeiss padded nylon case w/ flap available for shorter binos, but longer ones like Zeiss SF's 42's and Swaro 42-50 EL's won't fit into it.

If you can find an XL size FBP for the EL's I would take it, my SF 8x42's live in one, the extra space provides more cushion and makes it easier to pull the binos out quickly. I also leave the strap outside the case. I like the zipper/flap combination. You can zip it halfway closed to keep dust off the eye lenses, or zip it completely tight to carry them at the beach and keep the sand out.

The case "stupidity" seems contagious, the hard-shell case Zeiss provides with the SF's is pretty much unusable.

All my binoculars get treated to a Zeiss Conquest case of the relevant size.
This keeps the original case in perfect condition if I decide to sell.
The Zeiss Conquest cases are superb, not expensive and always get the job done.
My Meoptas had one, my Zeiss too, and lately an 8x32 one for my Leica BN's.
They are 'bombers'!!

So do i, @ReinierBos, even if I don't use it very much.
But please, could you show a photo with the NL's 10x32 stored with their strap in this medium field bag... It would be very useful !!!
The binoculars and the strap are almost impossible to store together in the original side bag provided !!! Another stupidity from Swarovski !!
Apart from Optics, doing really stupid things for some time now, seems to have become one of their specialties !!!!

Here you go. I do not always stuff the strap into the bag, but when I do it fits better than in the sidebag. I do not always zip the bag and just leave it open. That's also why I do not like the sidebag, because I do not always put the lens covers on them.

Attachments

• 20230220_201754.jpg
    20230220_201754.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230220_201722.jpg
    20230220_201722.jpg
    1,021 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230220_201611.jpg
    20230220_201611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Here you go. I do not always stuff the strap into the bag, but when I do it fits better than in the sidebag. I do not always zip the bag and just leave it open. That's also why I do not like the sidebag, because I do not always put the lens covers on them.
Very nice and kind of you ! 🖖

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back