• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Teasel (1 Viewer)

Andy Strachan

Scotland
Hi,

Anybody much experience with Teasel? We planted one in the garden in 2020 I think and as a biennial it's due to flower this year.
How easy is it to control?
In 2020 I noticed a neighbour had one teasel in their garden, then in 2021 noticed there were none. However, this year they have what looks like teasel leaves sprouting up everywhere, including cracks in the paving etc. So it looks to me like the teasel from 2020 has sowed it's seeds and they're all sprouting now.
Is it just a case of pulling up any unwanted sprouts in future or is it going to be a pain to control?

Pretty easy to remove if you pull them out while they're still fairly small. They seem to have have habit of coming up where I least want them in my garden. Excellent plant though

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back