• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Terra binoculars (1 Viewer)

mcmarvellous

United Kingdom
Ordered new bins for my wife and I and they have arrived.
Just put the strap etc on the Hawke frontier 8x42 Edx but cannot do the same on the Zeiss bins. They have a strap as usual and a tethered lens cap string.
Not had any luck so far. Is there a magic word, special tool or do they go back in the box and I send them back?

Done it, a combination of dexterity, feeding both strap and string at the same time, making sure you have all the plastic clips and runners in the right place so you don’t have to start over…45 minutes with no finger nails. Wish I’d bought in store and they could have done it but it was a 3 hour round trip here in Suffolk.

When in doubt, it can be helpful to assemble the strap without the bin, so you have an idea where everything has to go and which side faces you, and then one end at a time, take it apart again and put it on. Once years ago I had a bad day with a perfectly standard strap, and this sorted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back