• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thanks to all at the Birdforum (1 Viewer)

Busybee

I'm writing on behalf of my Mum (Busybee), who was a regular poster to this forum. Sadly she died last Thursday from a terminal illness which for the last 18 months progressively restricted her movement until she was effectively confined to a wheelchair. It was awful to see her deteriorate physically while unaffected mentally. Mum always loved the birds that would visit her garden, and as her illness progressed they became a source of great joy for her. Everyday she would sit and watch as the daily soap-opera unfolded outside her window :) This forum allowed her to share her passion with likeminded people and was a great support. I want to say thankyou, and keep birding!

I think all at Bird Forum would be honoured to hear we contributed just a little to her happiness during this difficult period. My condolences, she painted an active picture of the comings and goings of the birds in her garden with her postings, a contributor that will be missed by all on the garden bird threads.

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I think Jos's words speak for all of us.

Thank you so much for letting us know.

D

So sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you, and your family/friends

This forum is the best place to share all ones experiences in the bird world as your mother expressed herself, and she enjoyed all her birds daily activities in her garden.

It just shows that birds and wildlife give many people a lot of joy and your mother loved her birds, and they gave her much joy.

Look after yourself through this difficult time

Regards
Kathy
x

My condolences to you, the rest of the family and those close to your mother. I also think Jos's words speak for all of us.

My condolences to you and your family. Thank you for letting us know. Your mum will be missed.

And my condolences as well, so pleased the garden birds could help a little at such a difficult time.

I'm glad she got pleasure from BF towards the end of her life, but more especially for the pleasure from her garden birding.

my condolences and i am sure from all at the forum where your mum posted
very busy at the bird feeder busybee R.I.P we will all miss you.

Spent many a day chatting away with her on Birdforum, especially the very busy at the feeder thread... indeed she will be missed.

Condolences from our garden bird family to your family

Dave

As a poster on the Very busy at the feeder thread may I also pass on my condolences. I'm also very grateful that the news has been passed on.

Condolences for your sad loss,but so glad your Mum enjoyed watching our little feathered friends ,and keeping up with her friends on BF.This is what makes BF so special.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back