• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The 7D has landed!!! (1 Viewer)

I am also keen to upgrade to the 7D and the prices are getting close to my budget but I don't know whether I did not understand what was being said on another thread in the Canon section but they seemed to say that "the EOS facility does not work with Windows Vista SP2".I've got this so should I worry?

Max.

I am also keen to upgrade to the 7D and the prices are getting close to my budget but I don't know whether I did not understand what was being said on another thread in the Canon section but they seemed to say that "the EOS facility does not work with Windows Vista SP2".I've got this so should I worry?

Max.

Get rid of the Vista and upgrade to Windows 7, Vista is crap.

Several UK firms now down to £1299 - The best deal being WE who are throwing in a spare Canon battery for this price.

I'd want a battery grip too. Presumably this is yet another different one.

Edit: As I thought, the BG-E7 at WE for a mere £189.99.

Last edited:
You'd be rather pissed if you ordered at £1498 this afternoon when I looked at it

Indeed!

What are people using to convert 7D RAWs? are there any independent support systems yet? Just looked at their site and it looks as if Phase One supports 7D RAW files -- anyone using it?

Last edited:
That is very tempting if I could just sell that damn scope. And then sell my 30D. Hope is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Indeed!

What are people using to convert 7D RAWs? are there any independent support systems yet? Just looked at their site and it looks as if Phase One supports 7D RAW files -- anyone using it?

Graham,

Breeze Browser Pro are planning a release of their 7D support next week with a RAW convertor, which is good news for me as that is my preferred RAW convertor

Can one of you 7D owners advise of performance with taped pins and a 400 f5.6 (Nikon Kid), if you have tried it.

How much larger is the viewfinder, physically, than the xxD range?

As you may guess I am now wavering.

Thanks.

Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back