• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The 7D has landed!!! (1 Viewer)

You are right Roy, but I do like a new camera, cant wait for the 8d to come out, what will it have on it, triple digi thingies 24 mil pix, fold out screen 30 focus points, very slow motion video, etc etc, :-O

But theres one thing you can say, I have never moaned about what a camera can supposedly do, I have asked the daft questions, ;)

Roy stop looking back on all my posts to see if I have moaned :eek!:

Roy stop looking back on all my posts to see if I have moaned :eek!:
I have better things to do with my time than that, that's for sure. Been out this morning and took several hundred shots with my useless, out of date, noisy, crappy focussing dinosaur 40D - just think what i could have done with a 7D ;)
In defence of the Camera it was taken with a 2x tc.

Attachments

• GP1a.jpg
    GP1a.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
LOL Terry.

Now get your 7D out, blow the dust off and take a picture of your new jag to show us. :-O

All right then, already had them in my computer, well it is a Jaguar nearly wildlife,

Attachments

• jagsovback.JPG
    jagsovback.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 78
  • jagsovfront9.jpg
    jagsovfront9.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 84
:-O Well we all know it but we all want a new toy!

I know what you mean Marcus, I just worked out that since buying a 300D in March 2005 I have bought, used and then sold on 10 DSLRs! I am a sucker for a new toy and find them very hard to resist....

Very nice shot of the grey phal Roy, makes me wish I was out birding.

I have better things to do with my time than that, that's for sure. Been out this morning and took several hundred shots with my useless, out of date, noisy, crappy focussing dinosaur 40D - just think what i could have done with a 7D ;)

Roy, lovely photograph of a great bird.

Phil

That's a fantastic shot Roy. I don't think you qualify for a new camera now that you've shown what great pics the 40D can take. o:)

Juza's first impressions of the 7D is due to be published soon but has already decided to use it as his main body with the 1Ds III as his back-up!!!!.

I was reading an interesting article publish by Canon a couple of years ago but still relevant today about image sharpness and pixel size. It basically said that the more MP's a camera has (or to be more precise, the smaller the individual pixel size) then the softer the image will be out of the camera. They went on to say it was not a problem as jpegs could be fixed by tweaking the in-camera sharpness levels and RAW's by more sharpening on the computer. It also said that with increased MP's the shutter speed should be faster to compensate for the apparent softness. This leaves the old film camera rules about shutter speed equalling the focal length condemned to history as I see it.
I must admit I had never thought of this before.
BTW Canon did explain it it more technical terms but my interpretation is just an easy to read summary.

Roy, that's interesting, thanks. Should prompt some interesting debate, I guess. I've plunged and bought 1, just need the weather to get out with it.

Phil

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back