• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The 8x32 FL has been discontinued... (1 Viewer)

For those of us on this side of the Atlantic, in the past when I tried to order from Amazon in Germany and France, I was totally denied. I don't know about Italy but, the UK Amazon site has worked for me with some Belgium based cookware so it might be worth a look.

I’ve just tried Amazon France and seen a pair for 740 Euros advertised “Comme Neuf” i.e. “as new”:

https://www.amazon.fr/8x32-T-FL-Victory-schwarz/dp/B001H318PA

P.S. just out of curiosity I checked Amazon Italy where there’s a couple for sale 599 & 715 Euros respectively.
I have checked the ad on amazon.fr and I am pretty sure the seller is a scammer:
-they have received only one (most likely fake) review
-they claim they have seven FL 8x32s in stock, all as new
-most important, they ask buyers to contact them before placing an order (this is typical for scammers on amazon).

I’ve just tried Amazon France and seen a pair for 740 Euros advertised “Comme Neuf” i.e. “as new”:

https://www.amazon.fr/8x32-T-FL-Victory-schwarz/dp/B001H318PA

P.S. just out of curiosity I checked Amazon Italy where there’s a couple for sale 599 & 715 Euros respectively.
The seller on amazon.it is likely a scammer as well:
Si prega di contattarci prima di effettuare un ordine (Please contact us before placing an order).
They try to direct you off the site: never do business with a seller who directs you off the Amazon website.

I would not expect the 8x32 FL to be very rare yet, unlike the 7x42 FL. Unless you want an unused one.
ah well, an 8x32 has to have closer focus for my dragonflies watching, and the 7x42...I've learned from the Nikon MHG great brightness has its disadvantages...so not really hunting for those currently, just for wannahave-collection-value :D

The seller on amazon.it is likely a scammer as well:
Si prega di contattarci prima di effettuare un ordine (Please contact us before placing an order).
They try to direct you off the site: never do business with a seller who directs you off the Amazon website.
Strangely the seller is Versandantiquariat Schmitz...yes, a German seller.... same price as the one that disappeared from amazon.de....

I have checked the ad on amazon.fr and I am pretty sure the seller is a scammer:
-they have received only one (most likely fake) review
-they claim they have seven FL 8x32s in stock, all as new
-most important, they ask buyers to contact them before placing an order (this is typical for scammers on amazon).
Apologies all

Having read this I went back and did a check on the vendor who is also advertising bicycles all at 740 Euros which strongly suggests you are correct and that this is a scam.

ah well, an 8x32 has to have closer focus for my dragonflies watching, and the 7x42...I've learned from the Nikon MHG great brightness has its disadvantages...so not really hunting for those currently, just for wannahave-collection-value :D
Dragonflies are cool. I wish I had some where I live.

Anyone bought from raig? They appear 'reassuringly expensive'

Dragonflies are indeed terrific and exciting subjects. I find a fast focusing bino is best for these so you can grab a view of them in flight. I use a Conquest HD 8x32 and it is a bit faster focusing than FL 8x32. Had great views of Macromia splendens in the Languedoc of southern France using the Conquests.
Lee

Fast ánd close focus. Indeed looking at a Conquest, Kite Lynx or Meopro (though I doubt focus speed of that last one)

Fast ánd close focus. Indeed looking at a Conquest, Kite Lynx or Meopro (though I doubt focus speed of that last one)
Yes Richard. I haven't tested Lynx or Meopro so have no data on these so, sorry can't help.
Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back