• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The birds & wildlife of Gateshead (1 Viewer)

Shibdon

8-P
Have to agree a good source of information lost also to us north of the river that like to venture into this area.
Brian

The main contributors have not disappeared i still walk round Shibon every day

the reason for lack of posts is the top man got barred for for telling some self
appointed know it all to sod off 8-P

Here we go again...

the reason for lack of posts is the top man got barred for for telling some self
appointed know it all to sod off 8-P

Yet again I find myself defending myself against ill placed and childish comments made on this thread.

1. I was correct; it was not a Goshawk.
2. Steve embarrassed himself with comments such as "wrong again", Steve 'bigged' himself up as though he were definitely right and was then proven wrong. May I add that if you read the past posts not one malicious word graced my posts, the same could not be said of Steve or Rob (sadly).
3. I should have perhaps left it yes; ignorance is bliss (or so they say). As it transpires Steve doesn't submit records to the local bird recorder (Mark Newsome) so it didn't even matter really!

I am rather bored now (and so are many others I know for a fact) of these childish digs at me for literally no apparent reason. I'm young (20) and presumably you feel the need to gang up on me from behind your keyboards with small digs, its very immature and rather embarrassing. I'm bored, very bored of it and so are others.

Move on, I had done so about 4 weeks ago! I've grown up since I started birding and joined BirdForum; some people have gone backward (it seems).

Yet again I find myself defending myself against ill placed and childish comments made on this thread.

2. Steve embarrassed himself with comments such as "wrong again", Steve 'bigged' himself up as though he were definitely right and was then proven wrong. May I add that if you read the past posts not one malicious word graced my posts, the same could not be said of Steve or Rob (sadly).
3. I should have perhaps left it yes; ignorance is bliss (or so they say). As it transpires Steve doesn't submit records to the local bird recorder (Mark Newsome) so it didn't even matter really!

I am rather bored now (and so are many others I know for a fact) of these childish digs at me for literally no apparent reason. I'm young (20) and presumably you feel the need to gang up on me from behind your keyboards with small digs, its very immature and rather embarrassing. I'm bored, very bored of it and so are others.

Move on, I had done so about 4 weeks ago! I've grown up since I started birding and joined BirdForum; some people have gone backward (it seems).

Hindsight's a great thing and i think perhaps it should have been left. Regarding records submitted to local bird recorder i think the great majority of people who mention sightings on this local thread don't send any, they just enjoy all birds and wildlife in general.

Last edited:
The main contributors have not disappeared i still walk round Shibon every day

I know that George and wasn't meaning everyone had disappeared altogether. However Steve & Rob were the backbone of the thread covering all Gateshead sites with normally an update every day / other day.

As an outsider who spends quite a bit of time in Gateshead, the regular updates were great for me especially as i work Mon-Fri so all the help you guys were submitting was very welcome..

As i said the other day - a full fortnight had passed without any new posts, kind of suggesting that Rob & Alan have quit the thread. I'm assuming Steve is still banned and if not then he is not participating either..

Hope you keep posting your Shibdon updates George - else it will not be worth visiting this thread at all...

Shibdon

I know that George and wasn't meaning everyone had disappeared altogether. However Steve & Rob were the backbone of the thread covering all Gateshead sites with normally an update every day / other day.

As an outsider who spends quite a bit of time in Gateshead, the regular updates were great for me especially as i work Mon-Fri so all the help you guys were submitting was very welcome..

As i said the other day - a full fortnight had passed without any new posts, kind of suggesting that Rob & Alan have quit the thread. I'm assuming Steve is still banned and if not then he is not participating either..

Hope you keep posting your Shibdon updates George - else it will not be worth visiting this thread at all...

Hi Degsy
Latest update from Shibdon Black Winged Stilt this morning

not the best of photos but proves it was there

Attachments

• Black Winged Stilt.JPG
    Black Winged Stilt.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 53

is there any need! Other peoples comments have got nohing to do with me, so why bring my name into it, when i dont use this site anymore. Sending records to any bird club doesnt interest me, i just enjoy getting out and about, so why bring that up aswell. I would say your response was a bit immature and its clear you havent got over it, as you keep biting to peoples comments. Just rise above it and let it go over your head. Something i should off done in the first place, when i was recieving unwanted comments. Lets just put an end to it now. everyone just get over it, as ive been over it for weeks now and back to doing what its all about (birding).
Cheers
steve

ps: sorry for any exchanged words with any members, but please stop bringing my name up in a bad way in any discussion on a site which i no longer use.

See you birding
steve

I feel this has all gotten a bit out of hand. I think at one point or another everyone involved has been in the wrong, however as mentioned before I think it should just be left and let everyone post as they would normally.

Kieran

A few pics for those not at Shibdon between 06.30 and 07.15 today.B :)

And one from last week.:t:

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

• bwstilt2shibdon29.5.12.jpg
    bwstilt2shibdon29.5.12.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 21
  • bwstilt3shibdon29.5.12.jpg
    bwstilt3shibdon29.5.12.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 29
  • bwstilt4shibdon29.5.12.jpg
    bwstilt4shibdon29.5.12.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 23
  • bwstiltshibdon29.5.12.jpg
    bwstiltshibdon29.5.12.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 21
  • garganey7shibdon24.5.12.jpg
    garganey7shibdon24.5.12.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 17
A few pics for those not at Shibdon between 06.30 and 07.15 today.B :)

And one from last week.:t:

Cheers

Rob

haha, i guess its me stuck in the western isles/cairngorms that your post is aimed at?.its not all bad up here with snowy owl seen and selfound birds such as wryneck/black tern/2 iceland gulls and a glaucous gull. Thats not to mention the 138 species seen in 8 days, including corncrake/wt eagles/golden eagles/hen harriers/ospreys/curlew sands/garganeys/arctic terns etc the list goes on 8-P many more to see aswell, dotterel/ptarmigan/crested tit/snow bunting etc the list goes on! Lol see you when i get back with a big fat list.
Cheers
steve
ps: nice find george, best bird in gateshead for years! Shame i missed it.

Attachments

• snowy-owl.jpg
    snowy-owl.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thats not to mention the 138 species seen in 8 days, including corncrake/wt eagles/golden eagles/hen harriers/ospreys/curlew sands/garganeys/arctic terns etc the list goes on 8-P many more to see aswell, dotterel/ptarmigan/crested tit/snow bunting etc the list goes on! Cheers
steve

Seems like you are having a great time Steve - well done with the Snowy Owl :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back