• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The new Kowa TSN-883 has arrived (for my review) (1 Viewer)

binomania

Hi everyone from Italy! A few days ago I received a Kowa TSN-883 with various accessories from Kowa Optimed Deutschland GmbH. I think it will take me some time to write the review, as I have received various photographic accessories and adapter to use it with my astronomical eyepieces. Today I made a first outing on Lake Maggiore - near Luino. I wanted to share with you a couple of photos taken with my old but beloved Canon 6D and Canon 135 F/2. There wasn't much to look at, actually, just seagulls and cormorants, but I hope to make some nice observations in the next few days. Greetings to everyone

Attachments

• kowa-883-social-1.jpg
    kowa-883-social-1.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 77
  • kowa-883-social-2.jpg
    kowa-883-social-2.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 79
Really looking forward to reading/watching your review, as always. Thank you for posting this "prologue" to it :)

Good that Kowa kept the classical dual focus design, I personally find it works better for my use than the now ubiquitous "ring focuser" (I must be one of a few, given that most new scopes opt for the ring solution). It takes courage and determination to go against the grain of the trend.

(Without wanting to hijack the thread)

@MFoortjes It could be interesting to do a poll to see which kind of focuser users prefer. I have an Swarovksi ATS HD 65 with ring focuser... and I simply prefer (by a huge margin) the dual focus I had on the humble Opticron MM3 ED 60. I can understand the ring looks "cool" and "modern" (whatever that means) but out on the field, when it comes to fine tuning the focus with minimum effort and vibration...

The ring on my mini scope is fine for hand-held half a pair of high powered binoculars (utterly useless for photography) but the bigger scope on tripod, yeah, the focus knob nevermind dual knob fine focus. The ring focus can throw the rig about.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back