• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

thrush , Poland, (1 Viewer)

Michał Jaro

I'm wondering about one thrush seen a few days ago (Poland, Podhale) - the distinct white eyebrow would indicate a Redwing, but the bird has quite large beak, and definitely not rusty/red on the side - but yellowish (visible in all shots). Can you say something with such poor photos?

Attachments

• _MG_4338.JPG
    _MG_4338.JPG
    320.7 KB · Views: 99
  • _MG_4336.JPG
    _MG_4336.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 98
  • _MG_4326.JPG
    _MG_4326.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 101
  • _MG_4327.JPG
    _MG_4327.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 102
  • _MG_4328.JPG
    _MG_4328.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 92
  • _MG_4332.JPG
    _MG_4332.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 96
Thats not so obvious. When you enlarge the best quality photo - you can see the twigs, but the bird's flank seems to be without streaking. Yes, I know, the photo quality leaves much to be desired .....

Attachments

• _MG_4326.1.jpg
    _MG_4326.1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21
Thats not so obvious. When you enlarge the best quality photo - you can see the twigs, but the bird's flank seems to be without streaking. Yes, I know, the photo quality leaves much to be desired .....
Apologies but that’s not entirely true- in the other images you can actually see the streaking when the bird is in another position.

It may be so, it may also be small twigs, we will never know. Unfortunately, the dense forest and wetlands prevented me from following the bird.
But probability indicates redwing .

Thanks again !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back