• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tyke Meet Spring 2011 (5 Viewers)

*ugger. I got a letter today saying I have to attend a training day on the 17th. Will have to call Monday a.m. to see if there are alternatives otherwise I will have to dip out :-C

Currently undecided, heading to Turkey a couple of days later so it may be a last minute decision. Ring Ouzels now back in Yorks so should be a good chance of them too.

Was up there sunday;for info heres my obs

black grouse 11
red grouse everywhere
wheatear 1
goldenplover displaying 10+
redshank 4 displaying
lapwing everywhere
curlew everywhere
snipe 4 and display flight seen
crossbills; exceptional showing at The Stang
siskins/dipper/mipits as expected
Raptors;poor, 2 buzzard, 1 kestrel, no beefcakes.
At night , on drive in, had tawny owl and wader on rd, probably dunlin or common sand as was tiny.

It was magic on sunday, awesome day , birds calling everywhere.
Still unsure if can make but will do so if at all possible.

Thanks Keith for PM!!

Paul

Last edited:
so there's 1 definite...me, and 5 possibles so far.
Let's have a final headcount on the 9th/10th and if no better numbers call off the meet.

There were a dozen of us at the last meet Trystan, anything less than 8 is a poor show. However with 4 yes's and some maybes the trips looking good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back