• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ultravid HD plus 7x42 eyecup detents (1 Viewer)

hgalbraith1949

United States
When Roger Vine wrote his review of these bins he found that they had only two screw-up eyecup positions. Things seem to have changed. I took delivery of a pair of 7x42s yesterday and have been spending today birding with them. Really classy bins and I love 'em! They have at least 5, maybe 6 screw-up detents. Usually I do not wear my glasses when birding, I prefer contacts. However, when I do wear my relatively bulky horn rims at the lowest eyecup position, I find these new bins to be the best that I have ever tried: I can easily see the sharp-edged field of view perimeter. In my humble opinion these provide (for me) the best spec viewing that I have come across in many decades (too many) of birding. I do not sacrifice anything when I use the 7x42s with glasses. Many thanks to B&H for getting these bins to me in only one day - terrific service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back