• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unidentified Sandpiper sp (1 Viewer)

NSparkey

Australia
Hello everyone, made an account here hoping someone might be able to help us out here. We saw about a thousand of these birds at Buffalo Creek, Darwin NT on Sunday the 21st of January, 8pm local time. We have some photos but can’t quite ID them. The closest thing I think they are is white-rumped sandpipers or Stilt sandpipers, but apparently these are incredibly rare for the area. They don’t look right either for curlew sandpipers, either.

Hope you bird experts can help us out.
Cheers,
Noah and Luke

Welcome to BF.
Australia.
The few pics I've looked at look like great knot: slightly droopy bill, pale rump, spots on flank.

How’s the quality? I might need to try a different method to get the full quality to show, let me know how you guys are seeing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back