• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Surinamese Myiarchus flycatchers (1 Viewer)

Daan van der hoeven

Hi all!

Here are some interesting birds I saw last month in Suriname. Maybe someone can help me ID these?

Photo 1 and 2 are a pair of birds seen on August 31st 2021 in Sipaliwini district (interior). In lower canopy of hilly terrafirme forest edge.
I was thinking off Brown-crested due to pinkish base of bill and overall rufous apperance.

Photo 3 was on the same day and same place but in a plantation. This one makes me think of dusky capped, but i have seen this species before in W Ecuador and there it was significantly smaller?.

Photo 4 was taken on the 23th of August in the Commewijne district (Coastal plain), in cultivated/swampy habitat. Here i'm not quite sure about either short-crested or swainsons.

I hope someone can help me further.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Daan

Attachments

• myarchius sp.jpg
    myarchius sp.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 16
  • myiarchus sp II .jpg
    myiarchus sp II .jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • Myiarchus sp (dusky capped).jpg
    Myiarchus sp (dusky capped).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • myiarchus ssp (commewine).jpg
    myiarchus ssp (commewine).jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 17
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back