• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (4 Viewers)

Flashes

Quick visit this afternoon. No change from this morning's report.

Willow Tit repeatedly visiting flashes feeding station, collecting sunflower heart and then flying low into thick scrub to left.

Quick visit this afternoon. No change from this morning's report.

Willow Tit repeatedly visiting flashes feeding station, collecting sunflower heart and then flying low into thick scrub to left.

Thanks Alan i will top up feeders tomorrow. We will looking to set up a rota, to ensure that there is always food available. Any one wishing to donate sunflower hearts then we will sorting out somewhere to deposit them in the near future. It doeas appear that the willow tits have expensive taste.8-P

as requested

those are all the pics, the bird did'nt fly whilst i was there and was seen in front of the main hide on the flashes amongst the bhg.

Attachments

• DSC02783.JPG
    DSC02783.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC02784.JPG
    DSC02784.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02788.JPG
    DSC02788.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02789.JPG
    DSC02789.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 121
those are all the pics, the bird did'nt fly whilst i was there and was seen in front of the main hide on the flashes amongst the bhg.

Thanks Tracey - that leaves me more puzzles (esp the last photo where it looks longer-legged but with a smaller carpal bar :h?:)

Tracey - are you OK for me to post these on the ID forum?

What was almost certainly the same bird was at Grimley this afternoon. Its clean plumage and dark bill made it stand out from the five other juvenile Common Terns present. Leg length and overall structure was identical to the Commons. It also had dusky secondary bars and appeared to be alone, in that it wasn't being fed by the parents that were attending the other five birds. An educational bird to see.

Brian

What was almost certainly the same bird was at Grimley this afternoon. Its clean plumage and dark bill made it stand out from the five other juvenile Common Terns present. Leg length and overall structure was identical to the Commons. It also had dusky secondary bars and appeared to be alone, in that it wasn't being fed by the parents that were attending the other five birds. An educational bird to see.

Brian

Indeed an interesting bird, no obvious colour to bill base, but based on last picture, common looks most likely, whilst Phil is putting it on the ID forum it would be worthwhile sending it to Alan Dean for his view.

Flashes first thing. 18 Curlew, 2 Willow Warbler, common and Green Sandpiper, 1 Dunlin, 1 LRP. Willow Tit showing well from Cuckoo Hide. Young Cuckoo from track by entrance again. 2/3 Kingfisher.

Late afternoon; willow tit on the feeders. Cuckoo by the larches, being fed by reed warblers.
Curlew, green sandpiper, dunlin, lapwing, two avocets. When they go, will seem like the last day of summer.
Report of a lesser whitethroat along the footpath.
Common tern high over the sailing pool carrying a fish.
Lots of whites, mainly small, peacock, gatekeeper, comma; several brown hawkers. One trying to catch a small white by the Hen Brook.

Will cheek feeders tomorrow (Wednesday) evening.

Update from Moors. Spent a couple of hours at the NW corner of th North Moors.
A good number of warblers in the scrub
whitethroat 4, lesser whitethroat 3, blackcap, garden warbler. Reed warbler 5, willow warbler , chiffchaff 6,
also 2 water rsil and kingfisher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back