• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hide Clamp (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I have a 32mm outside diameter carbon tripod centre column which I am looking to use with a hide clamp.
The clamps that I have seen advertised seem to be for columns up to 28mm so wont be suitable for this column.
Can anyone advise on a suitable clamp for a 32mm column?

The internal diameter of the metal body of the Opticron BC-2 clamp measures 32.7mm without a plastic insert. Danger of course would be that you'd get marks from the thumbscrew on the column. It also wouldn't be a friction fit as the plastic inserts are without some sort of lining.

I suspect the Viking, RSPB and Velbon versions come from the same source so are likely to have the same dimensions.

Cheers, Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back