• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vancouver, Waters No 1 (1 Viewer)

Deb335077

Please help with these taken in Alaskan waters after leaving Vancouver, sorry if any are the same birds as the next thread, I am unfamiliar with birds of this region

thank you for any help

Debbie

Attachments

• day 3 105A8717.jpg
    day 3 105A8717.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 61
  • day 3 105A8758.jpg
    day 3 105A8758.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 61
  • day 3 105A8840.jpg
    day 3 105A8840.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 61
What is differentiating the second bird from Short-tailed Shearwater?
I understand that on the short tailed shearwater the bill is not as long: also the silvery flash on the underwing is less distinct, and more greyish than is the case with sooty. I can't tell which it is sorry, but I have only provided this info from a book. Not from personal experience. I imagine there must be some experienced pelagic people out there that would be able to confirm the species. I found the attached info online

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back