• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (16 Viewers)

I bet their colour is fantastic this time of the year .

I saw a Robin yesterday whose red breast was so rich I thought at first I must be looking at a rare migrant lol :-O

yes eb the colour was good but not as good as the greenfinches.
2 pairs of bullfinches this afternoon along with blue tits,goldfinches,greenfinches,collared doves and house sparrows.

This afternoon and morning there has been; house sparrows, starlings, blue tits, collard doves, wood piegion, Mr Magpie which visits every morning and blackbirds.

Going to start putting out hearts for the Goldies. There in the area just not in my Garden.

It's been a while, but there's been a few newbies since I last posted. In fact, yesterday alone was quite spectacular. There were the usual suspects, Willie Wagtail, New Holland Honeyeater, Blackbird, Crimson Rosellas (checking out the nest box again). We also had Magpies, Silvereyes, Weebills, 2 Superb Fairy Wrens and very low flyover from a Peregrine Falcon!

Attached an image of one of the pair of Crimson Rosella (Adelaide colour form), the nest box is a branch or two higher.

Attachments

• IMG_2164 Crimson Rosella sm.jpg
    IMG_2164 Crimson Rosella sm.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 63
This afternoon and morning there has been; house sparrows, starlings, blue tits, collard doves, wood piegion, Mr Magpie which visits every morning and blackbirds.

Going to start putting out hearts for the Goldies. There in the area just not in my Garden.

thats the spirit wildlifelove !:t:
Next week your neighbour will be standing in his garden scratching his head, wondering where all his Goldfinches have gone lol :-O

Great pictures by the way !

Last edited:
Spring is here, the feeders are getting quieter. Only 20 Starlings, a few House Sparrows, a Male Greenfinch, a Male Blackbird, a couple of Female Chaffinches and my two resident Blue Tits so far this morning, there's usually a lot more hanging around at this time.

Will be stopping feeding them soon so that the Blue Tits can nest in peace and out of respect for my neighbours, who don't want bird droppings on their washing.

Decided to get up early this morning and check out what's using the garden. Glad I did. Flock of Green Finches calling and singing in their machine-gun like manner. Usual Blue Tits and Great Tits plus Coal Tit (pretty regular in my garden). Whole bunch of Starlings.

And a new bird to my garden, a Brambling!

Worth getting up!

Decided to get up early this morning and check out what's using the garden. Glad I did. Flock of Green Finches calling and singing in their machine-gun like manner. Usual Blue Tits and Great Tits plus Coal Tit (pretty regular in my garden). Whole bunch of Starlings.

And a new bird to my garden, a Brambling!

Worth getting up!

A Brambling sighting is definitely worth getting up early for :t:
Your feeders seem to resemble ours at the moment including the solitary Greenfinch and Coal Tit.;)

First visit of the day by the male and female bullfinch this afternoon,goldfinches, greenfinches, and chaffinches along with quite a few blue tits are the highlights today

Hi folks - back from Venezuala with jeff (goyter)

Cant claim this in the garden, but couldnt resist showing you.

Will catch up with everyone over the weekend

Dave

Attachments

• 1808-005.JPG
    1808-005.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 59
Quick question: Dose everyone carry on feeding far balls in summer...I have heard don't. Noticed some of mine in the feeder have became very soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back