• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wagtail or Pipit? (1 Viewer)

cliffy

Morning all,
Sorry for the quality of the image but it was taken at a fair distance away! Not sure what to make of it as I'm no expert, at first I thought it was a Pipit but looking at it closely could it be a Wagtail?

Location, Merseyside, taken this morning on farmland.

Cheers in advance,
Cliff.

Attachments

• R6M20899.jpg
    R6M20899.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 83
Morning all,
Sorry for the quality of the image but it was taken at a fair distance away! Not sure what to make of it as I'm no expert, at first I thought it was a Pipit but looking at it closely could it be a Wagtail?

Location, Merseyside, taken this morning on farmland.

Cheers in advance,
Cliff.
Hi. Looks like a Meadow Pipit? The large white patch on the next side looks a bit odd though?

Hello,
It's a Meadow Pipit for me too. Adding to the features already mentioned by Harry and The Fern, please note the exact hue of the upperparts with the usual caveats. I see darkish muddy brown hues, not the clean smooth brownish hues of some Water Pipits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back