• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wallcreeper February. (1 Viewer)

Eliter7

Thinking about a quick weekend run to Spain- Sierra de Guara way for Wallcreeper which has been a huge blocker for some time now. Aware of Riglos and Alqueraz but any other sites within reach of this area please?
Thanks.

There are so many walls in that area... but in the same level of confidence as those mentioned above I should place the dam and surrounding cliffs at Vadiello reservoir on river Guatizalema. There is a car parking at (42.2400089, -0.2806816) and then two small tunnels to arrive at the dam. It is also a good spot for Bearded Vulture

Last edited:
There are so many walls in that area... but in the same level of confidence as those mentioned above I should place the dam and surrounding cliffs at Vadiello reservoir on river Guatizalema. There is a car parking at (42.2400089, -0.2806816) and then two small tunnels to arrive at the dam. It is also a good spot for Bearded Vulture
Appreciate the reply thank you, I’ll add that to list. Will share back to post how I get on with these sites. Based on previous luck it might not go well however!

If you go there, in the way up to Vadiello there is also a spot that is getting some sightings now in the small side road going to La Almunia del Romeral (cliffs around and also small dam in Guatizalema river) (42.2084043, -0.2840745). Good luck!

If you go there, in the way up to Vadiello there is also a spot that is getting some sightings now in the small side road going to La Almunia del Romeral (cliffs around and also small dam in Guatizalema river) (42.2084043, -0.2840745). Good luck!
Amazing thank you again.

Ok so the weekend happened and so finally did the Wallcreepers. Had brief glimpses at 41.87226 0.57735 which was a site noted to have sightings on ebirds. But the quality sightings were indeed at Vadiello Dam where we connected both days. 3-4 hours watching a bird on 1 day on the dam itself and rock faces immediately from the dam. Sightings within 8 meters at times, truly special. 1 Bearded Vulture a mile or 2 down road from dam was a bonus. Tried Riglos but just wasnt as accessible and felt like we could have spent all day there and seen nothing. Was a lot of time and money to do weekend but sightings of an epic bird were totally worth it. Thank you again for help fdokykcu.

Ok so the weekend happened and so finally did the Wallcreepers. Had brief glimpses at 41.87226 0.57735 which was a site noted to have sightings on ebirds. But the quality sightings were indeed at Vadiello Dam where we connected both days. 3-4 hours watching a bird on 1 day on the dam itself and rock faces immediately from the dam. Sightings within 8 meters at times, truly special. 1 Bearded Vulture a mile or 2 down road from dam was a bonus. Tried Riglos but just wasnt as accessible and felt like we could have spent all day there and seen nothing. Was a lot of time and money to do weekend but sightings of an epic bird were totally worth it. Thank you again for help fdokykcu.
I'm happy you enjoyed them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back