• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler - 125 km SE Galveston (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

This bird, please see attached picture, flew into the window and knocked it self out. I went to have a look and I found the bird �BELLY UP�

I was very happy to see that the bird could stand up and I managed to get a picture through the window before it took off.

I was looking in my new book, �Birds of the West Indies� under warblers. But the only bird I can see fitting m bird is the Northern or Lousiana Watertrush. But it doesn�t feel 100% good.

Anyone have any idea what this can be?

Kind Regards and Happy Birding

On my wsy to Ecuador and I bought a big bag of seeds if i find any hungry birds

Attachments

• 341.jpg
    341.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 340.jpg
    340.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 48
It's a bit challenging since we can't see the undertail coverts, but I'd go for Palm Warbler (likely "Western" subspecies). That would fit on decent tail length (a bit long for waterthrushes), paler supercilium with plain brown upperparts (no wing-bars), and light to moderate streaking on the chest.

Thank you all!

Palm warbler was my first thought, but, in my books the palm warbler do not have the white eye ring.

There was some others looking like, but no white eye ring

Thank you for the help, really appreciated.

Kind regards
Aladdin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back