• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Water Rail? (1 Viewer)

Gunner92

Hi,

I was organizing my old photos and recognized this bird - and had no idea what it is? ?water rail, or crake?
(I´m talking about the grey bird in the water; behind the Black-headed Gull, in front of the greyleg geese)

Thanks to all

Attachments

• IMG_4472.JPG
    IMG_4472.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 239
I think so. But that's probably the kiss of death!

Looks like I was right about the kiss of death, wrong about the bird. Ah, well...

Last edited:
Okay, I´ve seen thausands of Redshanks in my life (-but nearly everybody in this forum has seen as much and more-) are you sure? ...

...the bill looks to short in my opinion
...and the body not slim like those of most Redshanks...

For sure, Redshank would be possible, but I´m doubtful

All right,

thanks for the help; I have to admit that I shall not try to identify while being in a 4-hours "photo organzing-marathon"...

cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back