• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings (2 Viewers)

Olyman

United Kingdom
I was fortunate some years ago to get some shots of Waxwings in Southend On Sea. I see posts on social media re Colchester but no other sightings close to me. Anyone help me out here?

There's a Waxwings sightings group on Facebook (probably similar on X/Twitter if you want to dive into that sewer). There was a long staying flock in King's Hill (West Kent), but in my patch of East Kent there have only been small numbers that haven't hung around.

reports yesterday said the Colchester ones have moved on but some have been reported at Wivenhoe a few miles away today so that may be the same ones.
I've posted some pics of the Colchester ones in the Essex Birding thread here: Essex Birding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back