• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Midlands/Warwickshire local patches. (2 Viewers)

Ah well, you lose some... and some more.

At Upper Bittell this eve, there was a common sandpiper :C, a pair of kingfishers, loads of herons, common terns, black-headed gulls, pied waggies, a green woodpecker and 4 blackcaps. Also spotted an american mink, causing havoc on the fishing pools, but running into the undergrowth before I could get a pic.

Common-piper Pete ;)

I struggled with that Marsh Harrier earlier on Pete - strange bird...not like one I've seen before. Still going for Marshie though.

While I'm on a roll of naff IDs, can anyone tell me if this is a buzzard or a marsh harrier - was taken last year at Titchwell Marsh?

Cheers for the confirmation on the last one Steve - knew it wasn't worth climbing into that holly bush...

1st year male Marsh Harrier for me Pete :t:

Excellent photo there Richard. What settings did you use to get this?

On saturday I noted a lot of Swallows flying close to the ground and very close to us when we were watching the BNG.

Thanks for sharing.

Dean:t:

The other half to those fine pair of legs is, no not Kay, or Max, or the three legged dog from around the corner but our very own Periwinkle. Thanks for being a sport Tom .B :)B :)B :)
Would love to know how that tripod floats ?

Attachments

• Legs.jpg
    Legs.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Tom.jpg
    Tom.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 80
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back