• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What binoculars do you think have the most WOW factor! (4 Viewers)

Papa:

It is too bad you even sold anything to the menace. It has been mentioned
he is a retailers nightmare. Just give it a quick look, and put it back in the box,
and return. That was his plan from the start. Just looking for attention.

Jerry
You don't have any idea what happened so you have no business rendering your opinion. How dare you judge me without ever having a pair of Habicht's. Your sticking your nose into something you don't even know anything about it.

Last edited:
Your the bogus tester. Your pushing of the Habicht's cost me $50.00. I will take your reviews with a grain of salt like I should have in the beginning. Even Henry is honest. He didn't recommend them.

Don't call me out dude. I never said a word about the Habicht's- you got things all mixed up.

But- as for what I think of you; I still think you are a troll here on this forum and a major piece of work!

You don't have any idea what happened so you have no business rendering your opinion. How dare you judge me without ever having a pair of Habicht's. Your sticking your nose into something you don't even know anything about it.

Dennis:
What I do know, is you are just an attention starved type looking for
attention. You have no knowledge of optics, and so why are you even posting
on here. Just an agitator.

You called yourself, Howard Stern.:smoke:

The sad part is I even responded to this one.

Jerry

Don't call me out dude. I never said a word about the Habicht's- you got things all mixed up.

But- as for what I think of you; I still think you are a troll here on this forum and a major piece of work!
Your rendering your opinion in something you don't know anything about either. You have not had any Habicht's so you don't know anything.You should stay out of stuff you don't know anything about.

Last edited:
Dennis:
What I do know, is you are just an attention starved type looking for
attention. You have no knowledge of optics, and so why are you even posting
on here. Just an agitator.

You called yourself, Howard Stern.:smoke:

The sad part is I even responded to this one.

Jerry
"The sad part is I even responded to this one."

You know nothing about what were talking about. Your the agitator. You have no grounds for an opinion. Yes, I am looking for attention. I don't have any problem finding it. When was the last time you started a thread that had over 200 responses with over 5,000 reads tell me that. A Habicht was recommended to me and I am saying it is totally unusable because of a really stiff focus. What's your problem with that? I think people should know the truth about it. It costs me $50.00 to find out and I am giving you the information for free. You should be thankful.

Last edited:
I really appreciate your input here Steve. I am also an amateur astronomer and I know splitting double stars is a good test of on-axis sharpness. I feel sharpness is one of the easier attributes of a binocular to test and one of the most important characteristics that I look for in a binocular. I have found the Nikon SE and EII porro's to be sharper on-axis than even the alpha roofs. I bought a Swarovski 8x30 Habicht so when I get it I will do a comparison between my Nikon 8x32 SE and Nikon 8x30 EII's. It will be called "The battle of best porro's in the world."

And you never mentioned using them for astronomy.

Your rendering your opinion in something you don't know anything about either. You have not had any Habicht's so you don't know anything.You should stay out of stuff you don't know anything about.

Never said one word about the Habicht's before or after, so I had no influence on you regarding them. So get your facts straight.

I only rendered an opinion about you and the way you operate, and that is easy to do without knowing nothing about you- because you make it very plain for all to see here what kind of bloke you are. It is easy for anyone here with only a minor bit of intelligence to see what you are about and what your like. You see- you make it quite apparent and clear by your words and actions here.

So what is my rendered opinion concerning you- well, I can voice that with out hesitating- I think you are a tool and a joke and a major PITA. And that is only a short form version of my opinion of you.

So why don't you go away and stop being such a loser and a pest.

Never said one word about the Habicht's before or after, so I had no influence on you regarding them. So get your facts straight.

I only rendered an opinion about you and the way you operate, and that is easy to do without knowing nothing about you- because you make it very plain for all to see here what kind of bloke you are. It is easy for anyone here with only a minor bit of intelligence to see what you are about and what your like. You see- you make it quite apparent and clear by your words and actions here.

So what is my rendered opinion concerning you- well, I can voice that with out hesitating- I think you are a tool and a joke and a major PITA. And that is only a short form version of my opinion of you.

Hi Stephen, After reading some of his vile posts. I feel the same as you! I am glad there is an ignore feature on this site.

You should have told me how tight the focus was. That's deceptive selling. Those binoculars have the tightest focus I have ever experienced and if you were honest you would have at least said "Heh, Dennis the focus on these is pretty tight so I want you to be aware of that". Just being straightforward.

Sorry, Steve. Your the pest. If you don't like my threads go start your own. All you do is criticize and never really contribute to any threads. You don't like my threads. Go away.

Hi Stephen, After reading some of his vile posts. I feel the same as you! I am glad there is an ignore feature on this site.
I had no idea they were THAT hard! They are twice as hard as the Sightron Blue Sky's and that is hard. I think you better stay out of this or you are going to ruin your reputation.

Wow, Dennis you have definetly gone way to far! Steve, Stephen B, Jerry, ProudPapa! These are all good contibutors to the forum! You on the other hand are a menace, and your input is useless and quite annoying!!! So you didn't like the glass, leave it at that!!! Calling out these guy's like you have has no place here! Get a life!!! Bryce...

Wow, Dennis you have definetly gone way to far! Steve, Stephen B, Jerry, ProudPapa! These are all good contibutors to the forum! You on the other hand are a menace, and your input is useless and quite annoying!!! So you didn't like the glass, leave it at that!!! Calling out these guy's like you have has no place here! Get a life!!! Bryce...
I agree they are all good contributors. I am just angry over this Habicht deal. I feel somebody should have told me how tight the damn focus was on these things. I feel Proud Papa should at least pay the shipping oneway to return them and I am angry at Steve for recommending them. I had a nasty week at work and I have the flu and If anybody wants to fight with me come on I' m ready!

You come up with so much stuff that isn't true it amazes me. It is easy to see the Habicht's aren't as sharp looking at a resolution chart or fine print. They are sharper than most roofs I have tested but not as sharp as the SE or EII. i can't see for the life of me how you can extoll the virtues of a Habicht as a birding binocular when it is definitely not true. If the focus was a smidgen tighter on the Habicht you would need a Monkey Wrench to turn it. You must have the grip of an Orangutan to turn the focus on those suckers. They must lubricate the focus with loctite. Your the one whose credibility is lacking! For your information I bought the Habicht's from Proud Papa if you want to get in touch with him. He should get them back tomorrow. Everybody else heed my warning don't take Steve's advice. It cost me $25.00 return shipping! Habicht's suck! They should be discontinued! I recommend the Nikon 8x32 SE or EII and I challenge anyone to not be impressed by them. You are pushing the Habicht and I challenge anyone to not be underimpressed by them. YOU lack credibility.

Dennis

As usuall your memory is faulty. I certainly did say the Habict was sharper on axis but a no time did I recommend the Habicht for birding...not that it wouldn't make an excellent birding binocular. I only mentioned using the Habicht under the night sky where its on axis sharpness is stunning. If merely mentioning some attribute we found impressive in a particular bino constitutes "pushing" a bino then I think many of us are guilty of "pushing" certain binoculars.

If you want to look back at my previous post I even mentioned that the 8x30 EII was my regular birding binocular when we were discussing the Habicht. I also said that some people might find the stiff focus problematic although I don't find it so. I don't know that I have the grip of an orangutan but even though I'm in my fifties I still make my living doing a lot of hard physical work so maybe hand strength is something to consider when purchasing certain binoculars.

I regularly use my Prostars, PIF, and other heavy binos and don't find their weight a hinderance, to the contrary I actually think their weight lends itself to steady viewing. In all fairness I should mention that my wife once commented on the Habicht's focus being harder to operate than her EDG......but don't get me wrong Dennis.....I'm certainly not implying your hand strength is lacking......;)

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back