• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird is it? (1 Viewer)

JayFeatherPL

Poland
These birds are on the road before and at the sunrise and fly away just before the car. There are many of them, but they're not in a group - they sit in a distance from each other. I know that eurasian woodcocks, when they see a car they fly 10 metres away and sit on road again, and they can do this multiple times. but are these birds woodcocks too? I see these birds only in the darkness/early morning. Poland, Biebrza National Park.

No Idea need a better description could be anything from what little you've given.
Well I didn't see these birds well, because it was dark and they were fast, but they weren't big, maybe the size of common starling or smaller, but do many birds sit on road in the darkness? I think that few birds do this, for example eurasian woodcock.

No Idea need a better description could be anything from what little you've given.
Well I didn't see these birds well, because it was dark and they were fast, but they weren't big, maybe the size of common starling or smaller, but do many birds sit on road in the darkness? I think that few birds do this, for example eurasian woodcock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back