• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What birds do you get in your garden? (1 Viewer)

warmachine2

Me and my partner both love watching birds in our garden, and I wondered what birds other people get in theirs.
We live up north, next to fields, and we get all types. Magpies, crows, another one that looks like a crow but i'm told its not, starlings, sparrows, greattits, blue tits, coal Tits, wood pigeons, collared doves, black birds and jenny wrens.
I've seen a few more but I don't know all of their names.
My favourite is the black bird because I like to see them hunt worms.

Hello,

I live in New York City, so this list reflects many years of garden observation, including a year of pandemic lockdown:
American robins
American woodcock
black and white warbler
black capped chickadee
blackpoll warbler
blue jays
common redpoll
chipping sparrowdowny woodpecker
grackles
great crested flycactcher
gray catbirds
house finches
juncos
mourning doves
northern cardinal
northern mockingbird
Northern waterthrush
ovenbird
peregrine falcon, perching across the street
purple finch
phoebe
red tailed hawk, juvenile
white breasted nuthatch
white throated sparrows
Sharp shinned hawk
Chipping sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
wood thrush
yellow bellied sapsucker

Stay safe,
Arthur

In my mums garden, we get greater spotted woodpecker, blue tit, great tit, goldfinch, magpie, wood pigeon, house sparrow. Birds that have only turned up once or twice include a sparrowhawk, and a greenfinch.

In my dads garden, it's pretty much the same as above, apart from we don't get the woodpeckers, but we do get the occasional Jay. A sparrowhawk has visited a few times as well.

In my garden I get
Goldfinch
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Greenfinch
Magpie
Woodpigeon
Siskin
Stock Dove
Robin
Crow
Jackdaw

I would have listed Great Spotted Woodpecker but I think she has passed I haven’t seen her since April but a Male & juvenile turned up during the summer but not seen any since, must admit I do miss them.

In (and over) my sunny Stockport garden I see:-

Crow
Rook
Magpie
Jay
Goldfinch
Greenfinch
Chaffinch
Bullfinch
Long-tailed Tit
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Coal Tit
Ring-necked Parakeet
Buzzard
Sparrowhawk
Kestrel
Starling
Black-headed Gull
Chiffchaff
Blackcap
Wren
Dunnock
I have heard Willow Warbler nearby but not actually seen one in/from the garden

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back