• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What did you see in your binoculars today? (1 Viewer)

Time I joined this thread... today I saw a Yellowhammer.

Oh I'd been so hoping to see one since we set up an out of town feeding station last autumn and finally one came. Just brief awkward views but he was there!

VW Schwimmwagen... could this handful actually have survived from WWII? Article here. My interest in old Land Rovers pales in comparison.
Very possible. All I know is that Michael Stoscheck, CEO of "Brose Autoparts" (here in Bamberg), has one of these. I guess he has friends, who also own them. Looks like they formed a "Schwimmwagen Club" :D.

Probably the strangest thing I ever saw on the "Main-Donau-Kanal" in front of our house.
A fleet of amphibian cars swimming by.
Grabbed my nearest bino (an old 7x35 EWA) and shot a short clip.
Sorry for the low quality. It's a cheap phone and even cheaper bino. Still such a unique sight that I wanted to share with you.
Haha nice video and a very nice view!

Unless the answer is something like CA, astigmatism or kidney beaning, there's literally the entire rest of Birdforum to talk about it :devilish:o_O:unsure:

Only joking - carry on . . . :whistle::censored:

That is really cool! I see buzzards frequently in Central London, passing by, but none are resident in my area so have not seen them display.

Have the Eurasian hobbies (boomvalk) appeared in your area yet? Mine returned last weekend (or at least I found them there last weekend). One of the leading authorities on this species is Dutch (Rob Biljsma)

That is really cool! I see buzzards frequently in Central London, passing by, but none are resident in my area so have not seen them display.

Have the Eurasian hobbies (boomvalk) appeared in your area yet? Mine returned last weekend (or at least I found them there last weekend). One of the leading authorities on this species is Dutch (Rob Biljsma)
This couple I saw nearby, above meadows. In the dunes we inspected this week some Buzzards nests and found two nests with eggs. Our coördinator sends his reports end of season to Rob Bijlsma.

Yes, boomvalken are reported, but I have not seen one yet.

crow chicks just hatched. Two for sure, maybe a third. They're keeping their heads down in the nest while a parent feeds them. It's fascinating that the parents will always approach the nest in a very round-about fashion.

A nice Tom turkey, out for a stroll, and a Yellow-headed Blackbird (Xanthocephalus xanthocephalus) which I dont think are common here.

I have seen one in the general area on two other occasions but at a distance. This one was close. A beautiful bird, with a really bright yellow area.

Listed as “accidental” in Ct. (it made my day)

Last edited:
Codirossone (Common rock thrush, Monticola saxatilis) on a rock, in a gentle alpine rain, Malghera Valley, Western Grosina Valley, Valtellina.

Three small chicks being fed scraps of meat by a parent in a Red-tailed Hawk nest in twilight. Couldn't see what prey as it flew in while I watched the nest, but rabbit would be a good guess. (SLC 10x56, need to carry it more!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back