• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is this? (1 Viewer)

Hi, and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Can I ask where you saw the bird, there are 4 different birds in the US that are possible matches. Which one might depend on where and when you photogaphed this.

It is a member of the Nightjar family, which includes Nighthawks, Whip-poor-wills, Paraques and others. They are often easier to identify by call or when flying when you can see the position of white markings on wings and tail.

Hi shake.lopez and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

It is a member of the Nightjar family, which includes Nighthawks, Whip-poor-wills, Paraques and others. They are often easier to identify by call or when flying when you can see the position of white markings on wings and tail.
Hello
Hi shake.lopez and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
It was there all day until nightfall. This is West Texas.

Hi shake.lopez and a warm welcome to you from South Carolina ;)
I believe it is known as the Texas Nightjar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back