• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

where to see rare sights in europe?holiday (1 Viewer)

malgringo

just to ask looking to book holiday later in year but not sure where to go ?would like to see differnt and rarer animals?as be package hol i reckon wont be that easy?but any ideas where please?in europe

Hi Mal
I am running a birdwatcing trip to the Picos de Europa that as part of the week incorporates a couple of days looking for European Wolf on one of it's stronghold reserves in Spain.
However this is maybe not what your looking for as a package holiday?

Good luck with your search

Regards Jules

I would suggest Brown Bear Tour in Bulgaria, combined with birding for target species like Pygmy Owl, Three-toed Woodpckers, Capercaillie etc. Of course many other interesting species could be seen in the area (Masked Shrike, Levant Sparrowhawk, Isabelline Wheatear, great variety of warblers as well sa birds of prey).
You are welcome to find more information at:

http://www.birdwatchingbulgaria.com/?page=brown_bear_tour

Other extensions are quite possible upon request.
Best regards,

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back