• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wigtown Osprey Back! (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Just been on the local news one of the Wigtown Ospreys has returnedB :)
Of course i will be keeping an eye for him as he's just up the road.
Fingers crossed there will be more:t:
Cheers
Brian
Ps great camera shots of the nest at Wigtown County Building (check out the website)

We are coming up to the area in a few weeks time and I had checked with Elizabeth Tindal one of the rangers if they had arrived back, got an email on Monday to say that one had returned but not sure which.

And yes it was confirmed it was EP the young male..lets hope HD the female comes back soon.

I agree with you re the CCTV they have at Wigtown , I would say the pictures are a lot better than those at Loch Garten.

Brian what is the website you see them on.

Last edited:
Just been on the local news one of the Wigtown Ospreys has returnedB :)
Of course i will be keeping an eye for him as he's just up the road.
Fingers crossed there will be more:t:
Cheers
Brian
Ps great camera shots of the nest at Wigtown County Building (check out the website)

Yes I had an e-mail about that yesterday. Said that they would feature on the local news if nothing big happened.

Delighted to hear that osprey back in Wigtown. I was a visitor there last July and was very lucky to see the beautiful bird. Will follow their progress with interest this year and hope that they manage to have a sucessful season. It is a beautiful part of the world and really enjoyed our time there despite the wet wet weather!

Nice to see other people talking about the Wigtown Ospreys.

As a regular visitor over the last 5 years following their progress, unfortunately we have not yet seen them.

Our consolation last week was watching a Peregrine sunbathing on the wetlands.

Our next visit will hopefully be in May.

Yes, great news. It's the first time they've had 3 chicks too, isn't it? EP (dad) seems to be doing really well with bringing in fish.

Yes, great news. It's the first time they've had 3 chicks too, isn't it? EP (dad) seems to be doing really well with bringing in fish.

It is pretty amazing they got any. I do believe that the female disappeared for 40 hours leaving the male all by himself to incubate the eggs.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back