• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Will there ever be an alpha or second tier 7.5x roof prism binocular ???? (1 Viewer)

cycleguy

I'm using 7x and 8x and 8.5x. Have used 6x and 6.5x. From my experiences, I believe I'd like to own a top tier 7.5x binocular (center focus wheel). It could be x32, or x35, or x36, or x42. But, I would likely prefer one in x32 and another in x42. Is there any chance we will have the choice someday? Does it make any sense to have this choice?

I know it is one of those between things, but the minute degree of mix in magnification, steadiness of view, 3D sensation/depth of view seems like it would be a winner for many of us.

Your .02 on this?

CG

It is likely that some 8x binoculars are actually nearer 7.5x.

If one wears glasses then an 8x binocular can easily be 7.5x if short sighted.

A 7x binocular can be 7.5x when wearing glasses if far sighted.

This also varies with the distance of the glasses lenses to the eyes, which can be variable if one pushes the glasses when observing.

Regards,
B.

They can't sell 7x, so I don't see any manufacturer having the desire to make a 7.5x. Birders are always saying they want a 6x or 7x but nobody buys them hence there is no market for them.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back