• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Windows Mail versus Thunderbird2 (1 Viewer)

Roy Ledgerton

I have recently had problems with Windows Mail when my ISP email server goes down. After the server is brought back to life I continually get a Windows Security window coming up asking me to log on. On the advice of my ISP technical staff I have to remove and then re-establish my email account. I am finding this somewhat irritating. Is Thunderbird more user-friendly? Are there other email clients worth considering other than these two?

Thanks in advance for any help/comments

Roy

I'm a long-term user of Thunderbird and find it very user-friendly. They also have a forum if you do have problems, or want help in personalising it.

Unfortunately I'm not technically-minded enough to know if it will help with your current problem though.

D

I left Outlook Express behind in favour of Thunderbird about 3 years ago and have nothing but praise for the program. It was simplicity itself to install, picked up my OE address Book and imported all the addresses without any bother. The spam filter is pretty good, if you are prepared to make up a white list from the word go it is much better but the program learns very quickly.

I've been using Thunderbird for more years than I can remember and haven't had any problems that I can recall, having said that my email service has got very slow just recently but that fault isn't Thunderbird it's Orange's server because it's just as bad if I go to the webmail page, have you tried that? Just in case you are blaming windows unnecessarily.

Mick

I've been using Thunderbird for more years than I can remember and haven't had any problems that I can recall, having said that my email service has got very slow just recently but that fault isn't Thunderbird it's Orange's server because it's just as bad if I go to the webmail page, have you tried that? Just in case you are blaming windows unnecessarily.

Mick
Thanks for the suggestion. My ISP's webmail page works perfectly. This has happened only after my ISP's email server has been restored after failing. As a non-technical person I tend towards the thought that the problem is connected more with Windows Mail not coping with the break in service. Perhaps this is too simplistic.

Roy

Roy

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back