• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wings Over Winecountry, Colleen's place (1 Viewer)

very admiring of the dark tones in this and the previous

best wishes with other challenges- this little sub-forum still rattles along like a mad caravan, losing speed and picking it up again, passengers dropping on and off, workers in the fields stopping to stare as it passes by

very admiring of the dark tones in this and the previous

best wishes with other challenges- this little sub-forum still rattles along like a mad caravan, losing speed and picking it up again, passengers dropping on and off, workers in the fields stopping to stare as it passes by

Ed's quote above maybe one of the best I've ever read here. It matches one of your best paintings. And as all have said good luck with your other challenges.

at last some birds, Heermann's Gull, I saw these out seascape painting so didn't have my sketch book, and grabbed a camera for a few shots...I've never seen them before, and they are so lovely, mixed among the herring gulls they are so small, about the size of a pigeon, with bright red orange bills.

Attachments

• heermann's gull 4585.jpg
    heermann's gull 4585.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 31
the seascape is pure energy - such strength in it, the brushstrokes move like the water itself.

I'm so sorry that you're going through such a hard time right now, there really is nothing that can be said that will make it easier, you will find your way. Being with someone who is near the end really makes you appreciate what is important in life.

I feel the seascape is amazing. With the turbulence there is form and structure that makes for tremendous power. There is also calm in the distance. You will always look to the next one, but this has power and honesty. My thoughts are with you and your friend, you are in the deepest territory and art will help you find your way.

I feel the seascape is amazing. With the turbulence there is form and structure that makes for tremendous power. There is also calm in the distance. You will always look to the next one, but this has power and honesty. My thoughts are with you and your friend, you are in the deepest territory and art will help you find your way.
. . . indeed. Love and luck. x

Lost my best friend and Mother to cancer in past 5 years Colleen. I truly empathise and deeply sympathise with what you're going through. I wish you great strength in these times of suffering.

Thanks Tim and Phil,

a part of me is dying with her, so I will have to reinvent myself with something new and grow into a different person, one that has what she has given me and one that knows how to find life and joy even tho she is not a part of my daily life. I've lived here on her lovely ranch in a couple of different places for 11 years, the longest time I've ever spent in one place in my life. I'm closer to her than even my own family, and we've shared so much together, as her husband and then her son died, and the grandkids now have their own families started.....Life moves on in sweet relentless way that propels one like a current in the sea, fighting it no matter how big and strong you think you are, is impossible, I have to let it take me where it will. Without my art right now I would be drowning. Painting keeps me afloat, fills the empty places, and eases the loss.

sorry to hear about your best friend

I hope ,that I had such a good friend like you Colleen ,by my side, when I still going

and your seascape and the gulls are fantastic

thank you Gaby, when you have a good friend like this no matter how many years you have with them( she is 81) it would not be enough, but when someone so vital and alive is so incapacitated it is time to say good bye and let them go...I'm glad to have the time to say goodbye and to show her how much I love her, and she is surrounded by love from all of her family and friends, and all who come feel it, so you know it's been a good life.

Colleen,

Your friend is so lucky to have you as a friend - and you her. For me I couldn't keep afloat without my frequent birding, though my dying wife feels it intrudes on our time sometimes; but each of us finds a way to cope, and those of us who come to the Wildlife Art forum are privileged that your art is your way. Thank you for sharing both your art and your experience.

H

The seascape is just outstanding, Colleen! You have progressed tremendously in your interpretations of that subject.

So sorry to hear about your friend. She is very lucky to have a friend like you by her side at this time. I think often that the process of passing is harder on those left behind than the one leaving us, especially when that person has lived well and been a positive influence on the world as your friend clearly has been.

Colleen,
For me I couldn't keep afloat without my frequent birding, though my dying wife feels it intrudes on our time sometimes; but each of us finds a way to cope,

H

I'm sure she understands in her heart, the ones giving care must do what renews them or it just wears you out and then you are not there for them anyway. Since my friend is bedridden now I often think the worst part must be the sheer boredom of the whole thing, and can't blame her for wanting it to be over, at least the drugs they have now control the pain. Such a mystery the very many ways death comes. I always thought I'd like to just go quick, but now I see how much a blessing the slower way can be as everyone gets a chance to say goodbye, and crikey there are so many small details to take care of winding down a life.

thank you for your kind words John...so strange to share such a personal event with people I've never met in person, but some how I feel very close to this group more than any other people in my life right now...you all give me such comfort, thanks for all the comments.

My goodness! I would love to have such a true friend as you are, in my closing moments.
That is priceless. Remember, you need rest and to come back refreshed Colleen.
Your dear friend would wish the best for you, and would not want to see you suffer on her behalf. She would wish to see your joy in life, and that would help her so much. From experience I say this, and believe me, it does help a lot...
If you need any counsel, PM me in Facebook. Okay?

ps Here's a little film, done by my partner, to cheer you. And, yes! I was hiding behind her...whimpering like a child! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QgIenUs2_U&feature=channel_video_title

the vid link said it was "malformed" so maybe check it out, I'd love to see it.

I finished my 100 seascape comp studies today, this is the last one,( painted this rock many times and starting to get the hang of it) and someone sent me this...remember these guys? they were so good, esp the early stuff, but I like the commercial stuff too like this
after that one I played their Cherish and it made me cry but lifted me up too so perfect.

Attachments

• #100 Final.jpg
    #100 Final.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 28
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back