• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dipping my toes into videoing (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Over the weekend I've been taking some short little videos and they're now sitting on my computer in the Video folder.

I can't see any option to edit them on Paint.net (the programme I use for stills). Exploring the options in Media Player, there's an editing app called Clipchamp, which seemed to have an option to deal with sound, but no instructions what to do and whatever I tried I couldn't get rid of some unwanted noise. So without going further into it, don't think that programme will suit me (I need my hand held LOL).

Anyone know of an easy to use, free video-editing programme?

Video editing software is a mine field! Microsoft used to include a simple video editing program as part of Windows but they have discontinued it if favour of Clipchamp, which is a dogs breakfast of a program!

I have yet to find a simple video editor, every one I try just gets more complicated with every version.

I hope someone else can help.

Hi Delia, I've been using CapCut for a while now, trial and error for me as ever but I got used to it and like it now. I never use the Stabilise function because I often have a logo and it crops it out for some odd reason.

Thanks Mono and Scoz.

Eventually got Capcut downloaded... why on earth do they want you to sign in via Facebook or Google? Did get round that eventually.

I'll never remember my username LOL - LastPass to the rescue. Will just have to see how I get on with it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back