• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winter 2023 (2 Viewers)

condor1992

Spain
So, autumn is nearly over. For me, the time of the year is over when I sought fungi, both edible and delicious as well as rare and poisonous for photos. Best find this year was the ultra-rare Imperator rhodopurpureus, an absolutely stunning bolete found in grassland at Windsor, although 20 years of waiting came to an end two weeks ago when I found the Old Man of the Woods as well.

As hen harriers eye my favourite Norfolk heathland, I only have two wishes for this season: see the stunning hen harrier, hyperactive merlin and adorable owls again, and see the great grey shrike, which I accidentally call 'velociraptor' more times than I like to admit. And I hold outside hope for the rough-legged buzzard and perhaps a waxwing or two. Possibly even a king eider, who knows :)

What about you? Any wishes for this winter?

Photo: Hen harrier acrobatics over the Nene Washes from the pastIMG_6104.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back