• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow-crowned Bishop (1 Viewer)

L'argonnais

France
Hello,

bird seen last month in Namibia , "closed" to Etosha ; at the gas station a few km south of Anderson Gate (Gate of the middle of the park)

I have seen only the Bishop which could correspond ; and the eyebrow of mine seems to me to correspond more to the Yellow crowned bishop.

But I m absolutely not sure; and moreover because that species is not so common in this area. I guess I mistake! any help is welcome !

JR

Attachments

• DSC_7564_AM.JPG
    DSC_7564_AM.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_7565_AM.JPG
    DSC_7565_AM.JPG
    438 KB · Views: 26
OK thanks a lot for the "almost" confirmation ; it is a Bishop; but not the good one ! difficult to identify species seen for the first time ! 🧐

JR

I get back with other pictures taken the day after at exactly the same place ; it the same species ???

JR

Attachments

• DSC_8187_AM.JPG
    DSC_8187_AM.JPG
    602.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_8188_AM.JPG
    DSC_8188_AM.JPG
    498 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_8195_AM.JPG
    DSC_8195_AM.JPG
    601.4 KB · Views: 8
OK thanks a lot for the "almost" confirmation ; it is a Bishop; but not the good one ! difficult to identify species seen for the first time ! 🧐

JR
Actually I don't think it is a bishop. I thought "canary" or "seedeater" when I first saw it. My best guess is female Black-throated canary [note yellow rump area]

Actually I don't think it is a bishop. I thought "canary" or "seedeater" when I first saw it. My best guess is female Black-throated canary [note yellow rump area]
Hello, thanks for the identification ! I prefered Bishop as I have never encountered that bird ; but the most important is to have the good species ; Black-throated canary is good too ! :)
JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back