• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (79 Viewers)

A good start to the weekend, Let's hope it continues

Attachments

• Red-Rumped Swallow 004.jpg
    Red-Rumped Swallow 004.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Red-Rumped Swallow 013.jpg
    Red-Rumped Swallow 013.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 76
Redstart at sunrise, Ross's Gull at sunset. Not bad for a full working day. Will be very tired by the time I get home from here. Had to drop some books back at the Uni library in Preston - wouldn't come all this way just for a gull! ;)

Would love to see that Swallow, John. Very nice indeed.

Graham

Unknown although it did spend a period in East Park, central Hull!

Is the Hornsea bird REALLY the East park bird. When you compare the East park bird (the first pic) to the Hornsea bird (second pic - i took this one), the hornsea mere Bird seems to have more orange on it's bill.

Do you think this is a totally different Bird, or in Summer the Bird changes beak colour amounts (sounds unlikely)?

Attachments

• OR163617.jpg
    OR163617.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 41
  • Picturet 118.jpg
    Picturet 118.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 43
Is the Hornsea bird REALLY the East park bird. When you compare the East park bird (the first pic) to the Hornsea bird (second pic - i took this one), the hornsea mere Bird seems to have more orange on it's bill.

Do you think this is a totally different Bird, or in Summer the Bird changes beak colour amounts (sounds unlikely)?

Interesting stuff NicK. These seem to be different birds

The Hornsea bird has no rings, flies perfectly and acted like a wild goose on approach, unlike the Greylags which practically came to you when you went to them.

If anyone wants a good Bean goose picture, the Hornsea one's especially good (at Kirkholme point when we saw it), but you might need a scope or SLR.

I always thought that the East Park bird ended up at Scaling Dam and not Hornsea. I will have to check Birdguides but I think the Scaling Dam TBG had a little WFG with it (like the Hull bird).

I always thought that the East Park bird ended up at Scaling Dam and not Hornsea. I will have to check Birdguides but I think the Scaling Dam TBG had a little WFG with it (like the Hull bird).

If you look at these two pictures you can see that the first bird (scaling dam) is practically the same (beak wise) as the second bird (East park), so skink1978 you are probably right (or are there three Birds???)

(these pics are off Bird guides - not mine)

Attachments

• OR167788.jpg
    OR167788.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 37
  • OR163617.jpg
    OR163617.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back