• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (75 Viewers)

Adel today held two flocks of redpoll of approx 32 and 12. I found another 10 feeding with siskin and a couple looked pale. Didn't get any rump action so I had te leave it at that. Well worth another look.

Also 6 goosander at GAP.

Big thanks to James, Keith, Mike and Graham for the Dorset info - sounds like there are some great opportunities within relatively easy striking distance. A Dartford or Cettis would be brilliant - looks like I'll be missing the Val Doonican special on Boxing day yet again - shame.

Marcus - you're becoming delusional mate - TBOC was at least 3-4 times the size of the ingredients you have listed, a behemoth of legendary size and proportions which we lesser mortals witnessed you devour in awe and wonder (greedy get!)

have a great x-mas all and hopefully see most of you on 4th jan

cheers
rob

try scammonden res also well known for what you were after;)

I think you will all find that Golden Acre Park is actually excellent for rump action and a also premier Yorkshire dogging spot. You will see from this Google search that there are a few other birding spots that offer alternative entertainment :t: Huddersfield in particular is well accomodated.

http://www.sisterfunbunny.com/zdoginsites/yorkshire.html

Been to Millington today to see the RLB and found it without too much trouble (which makes a nice change). It seems like it'll probably stop for a while so may be good for the Yorkshire meet if that was the plan. Didn't see any crossbills at the Allerthorpe carpark, but did get Willow Tit and Brambling. Fairly rewarding for a couple of hours out, and nice walking so worth the effort.

Newbie?? I remember Son** Welcome back old timer

Best

Daz

cheers daz hope to bump into you over christmas

I think you will all find that Golden Acre Park is actually excellent for rump action and a also premier Yorkshire dogging spot. You will see from this Google search that there are a few other birding spots that offer alternative entertainment Huddersfield in particular is well accomodated.

http://www.sisterfunbunny.com/zdogin...yorkshire.html

is that your 'other' hobby marcus??;););););)

Does anyone know if the firecrest is still at Old Moor? There was one tucked away as an "also..." on a bittern re-report on BirdGuides on 7th Dec.

(Yes... Santa's brought me a BirdGuides sub. No more pestering you guys every time a waxwing turns up in Sheffield...)

Does anyone know if the firecrest is still at Old Moor? There was one tucked away as an "also..." on a bittern re-report on BirdGuides on 7th Dec.

(Yes... Santa's brought me a BirdGuides sub. No more pestering you guys every time a waxwing turns up in Sheffield...)

Just checked the RSPB for Old Moor, looks like the Recent Sightings page has been dropped.

A visit to Tophill this afternoon for my research brought a nice female Goosander on O res and a Kingfisher zipping across D res. Apart from that apparently the rail was at the feeder and a few great spots knocking about. The warden had a male pintail on O res also.

Treecreeper sighting East Park

When for an hour in park today and got a new tick for there: treecreeper.
Think its a good bird for that location in recent years,
Just wondered if this is a rarity for East Park, anyone know?

Treecreeper is a good recent record for East Park, and I will add it into the Bird Atlas early winter as a roving record unless you have done so already.
I have some personal records for this site back to 1966 as it is where I first started.

Surveyed all the Hull parks last weekend for WeBS, with two Goosander on Pickering Park, a female Mandarin on Pearson, single drake Pintail and Teal on East Park, 23 Gadwall on Bransholme SW probably the highlights. Usual Great Spot at East Park and Grey Wagtail at Pickering.

Back on-line

East Park, Hull

Had another walk around the park today. 2GSW's, Treecreeper, but did not see the drake Pintail. Last seen on 17th. Cold and dull so could have been bunkered up on one of the islands.
Photo of Treecreeper from Wednesdays visit.

Attachments

• Treecreeper resized.jpg
    Treecreeper resized.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back