• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (57 Viewers)

barred warbler showing well in the hedge to the south of the lighthouse along the footpath, up until around 40 mins ago, best viewed from the car park , 6 snipe in off the sea flying west

Hi CB. I think you may want to try a different time. Most of the good stuff moves early. Event the Boat trip which leaves at 9:30 can miss some of the good stuff as moves in the first few hours of light.

I'm afraid that getting to Flamborough Head early via public transport/foot power would break several laws of physics...

PS Anyone going between York and Flamborough that could offer me a lift?

I'm afraid that getting to Flamborough Head early via public transport/foot power would break several laws of physics...

PS Anyone going between York and Flamborough that could offer me a lift?
If you mean for the cruise on Saturday I';m travelling from Leeds and could swing by and pick you up if you are desperate

Looking good along the yorkshire coast for drift migrants.
CB

Odds and sods maybe given the usual places being covered at this time of year - the rare travels alone and all that - but can't see any volume in the short-term forecasts (given up getting excited about the forecasts anyway as many a planned day off work scuppered by the reality of the easterly replaced by a gale force southwesterly:eek!:)? What do you think is possible to get excited about?

Hull Valley Wildlife Website News

Just passing a message on from Derrick Venus:
Hi All
As you probably know there has been some major problems with the hull valley wildlife group website. This looks as though it will have to be rebuilt from scratch and another provider found. However in the meantime I have managed to create a temporary website on which I hope to be able to post news, sightings and photographs. The new site address is www.hullvalleywildlifegroup.weebly.com I recommend adding this site to your favourites as it might not show up yet on a search engine if you just enter hullvalleywildlifegroup. I have added it to Google but it will probably take time for it to filter through. There are also some remnants from the old site which will not work. I hope it wont be too long before a full website can be introduced again.

Please continue to send in your sightings, news, photographs as previously to the same email address
[email protected]

If the above link doesn't work, this one should:
http://hullvalleywildlifegroup.weebly.com/

Many thanks for the lift offers but I am out of action this weekend.

I'd be ecstatic (and fully willing to contribute to petrol money) if anyone is going to the East Coast and back next week via York and could offer a lift.

Just a reminder that foxglove covert will be closed today until 6pm when it opens up for this years postponed moth night, where about 4 or 5 traps are put out around the reserve. With the lovely warm weather we are having (could this be our summer) it expected to be a good night, the traps will be closed on sunday morning and identification begins at around 07:30am.

There will be some photographic opportunities as I take my light tent and flash heads.

Also thanks to all those that voted for my butterfly in the recent photo360mag competition, I was told the closing date was the 11th, I have not been contacted yet but am way in the lead, so expect to be contacted in the next few day's as the new issue should come out on monday

Cheers

Dani

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back