• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire (2 Viewers)

jforgham

Birding for fun
Hi,
I have a few days staying in Bridlington in early June. Looking for good inland sites to visit for birds and photography after I have visited Bempton and Flamborough. Suggestions most welcome, thank you.
Jono.

Wykeham Forest Raptor Viewpoint just inland of Scarborough - Honey Buzzards, Goshawks, Crossbills and Turtle Doves. All get photographed.

Hornsea mere is a great spot about half an hour from Brid there is a website with up to date sightings. An alternative spot to Wykeham is near to the Cockmoor Hall car park near Snainton I visited it for the first time last week and it is a stunning spot. You are looking at the same valley as from the raptor viewpoint at Wykeham but from a totally different angle. The Lower Derwent Valley is around an hour away and so is Blacktoft Sands RSPB both fantastic sites if not too far out for you.

Hornsea mere is a great spot about half an hour from Brid there is a website with up to date sightings. An alternative spot to Wykeham is near to the Cockmoor Hall car park near Snainton I visited it for the first time last week and it is a stunning spot. You are looking at the same valley as from the raptor viewpoint at Wykeham but from a totally different angle. The Lower Derwent Valley is around an hour away and so is Blacktoft Sands RSPB both fantastic sites if not too far out for you.
many thanks

Hi,
I have a few days staying in Bridlington in early June. Looking for good inland sites to visit for birds and photography after I have visited Bempton and Flamborough. Suggestions most welcome, thank you.
Jono.

St Aidan's have Black Necked Grebes.

Depends what you want to see in terms of wildlife, habitats etc?

Obviously not inland but Spurn will have a great selection of birds with plenty of fresh water to add some different waders to your trip list. With the Little Tern colony as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back