• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (13 Viewers)

we all read it purdy much. i know what u mean by the "whale"-watching trip.

in alaska my grandparents took me on this great tour to see sea-lions, orcas, humpbacks, and sea-otters. we indeed did see those, but i spent most of the tour with my eyes on tufted and horned puffins, murres, kittiwakes, gulls, eagles, and unfortunately un IDd murrelets

Hi
I just came back from baltic sea, but I didn't observed anything special. Too many tourists, especially in Slovinski National Park.
Few individuals of each species:
-ringed plover
-sandwich tern
-common tern
-black-headed gull
-Lesser Black-backed Gull
-little gull
-common gull

Thats all.

Fortunately I'm settin off to Rhodes Island on 29 July :)
It won't be birding trip, but i'm countig for some lifers :)

Attachments

• P7230020.JPG
    P7230020.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 87
  • P7230027.JPG
    P7230027.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 76
  • P7230033.JPG
    P7230033.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 80
  • P7230035.JPG
    P7230035.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 84
  • P7230065.JPG
    P7230065.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 74
yeah, looks wonderful! hope ya get lotsa new world warblers in rhode island. (dont worry, theyre easier than the old world ones) *-P when i was in europe i saw about 15 warblers but only IDd 2 *-P

ohhhhhh... well in that case i wish you lots of hard to ID old world warblers! ;)

today ive seen loads of empids, and have idd them as Dusky and Cordilleran flycatchers. they look relatively the same as other empids until you see the two species together, then you see some big differences (relativly).
Im getting lots of good practice with the empids here

I meant old world island :)

Nevertheless thanks :) It is fact that our warblers are hard to id, and sometimes there is only one difference (voice), but there's nothing we can do about it. :)

yeah, the confusing boids over here are the sparrows. they all have differences, but when they are worn they sorta overlap. the only easy ones are lark bunting, harriss sparrow, lark sparrow, white crowned golden crowned and white-throated sparrow, dark eyed and yellow eyed junco, fox sparrow, the towhees, and chipping sparrows. the rest are hard *-P

This afternoon after the forest had its typical afternoon rain, i went on a short 30 minute birding "trip" up the mountain. I saw my 2nd and 3rd Red Crossbills, Broad-tailed Hummingbirds, and Pygmy Nuthatch. To make my day...

I saw a momma turky and her six adorable little baybies! i watched em strut around and cheep, following their mother into the brush.

who wants to bet ill see The CCWA?

lol I won't take that bet.

I'm back from backpacking/camping near Durango. All in all we walked about 50 miles (I was carrying a 40 lb pack the whole time). I got about 70 species, which will hopefully put my CO list over 100 species. The best bird was Brown-capped Rosy-Finch. I've seen lots before but it was really cool to see them on the breeding grounds at 13,000 ft. I The mammals were awesome too. We saw tons of marmots and Mountain Goats. I also saw a weasel for the first time.

My last trip for the summer is a quick run up to WY for the AOU meeting, but it's still a few weeks away.

who wants to bet ill see The CCWA?

I don't think so...anyway I have been chasing my nemisis bird around for several days! The dreaded...Wood Thrush! I hear it singing but then It vanishes...its like trying to catch smoke through your fingers...:C

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back